Thank you for considering the adoption of an animal from the Humane Society of Parkersburg. So that we may be assured that the pet you wish to adopt is best suited for you, we require that the following questions be answered as fully and honestly as possible.
Before you adopt an animal from the Humane Society of Parkersburg (HSOP), we need you to:
1. Complete the following adoption profile and application as honestly and completely as possible.
2. Be aware that in accordance with WV 19-20B all animals adopted from the Humane Society of Parkersburg must be spayed or neutered.
3. Be sure you are financially able to provide for the needs of the animal throughout its life.
4. Be sure you have adequate time and facilities to care for the animal you are interested in adopting.
5. Have the consent of all adults residing in your household.
6. Be at least 18 years of age.
7. Be aware that few animals are perfect and that you should be prepared to give any animal time to adjust and put forth effort in transitioning the animal into its new home.
8. Understand that this is an adoption, not a sale. HSOP reserves the right to postpone or refuse any adoption that is not in the best interest of the animal.